One last step before you can become a Prestige Program member, please agree to the terms and conditions. By checking the box below you are indicating that you have read and agree to the Master Rental Agreement document provided below.
By submitting the completed application form for the Membership Program via our website www.airportvanrental.com, you submit an offer to Airport Van Rental (AVR) to enroll as a member in the Program ("Member") subject to this Master Rental Agreement. After assessing your application, AVR will send you an email and confirm your membership at which point in time you and AVR are bound by this Master Rental Agreement. AVR will send you a Membership Program card via postal mail or email. Before submitting your application online, all information you entered into the application form will be displayed in an application summary for your examination. You can then identify and correct any input errors prior to submitting your application. The contract terms will be stored by AVR after conclusion of the contract and will be available to you via our website www.airportvanrental.com. You may print or save a copy of the Master Rental Agreement before submitting your application.
This Master Rental Agreement is between you and Airport Van Rental (AVR) and covers every rental of a motor vehicle by you from AVR under the Membership Program. You understand that by signing the Master Rental Agreement, you will be deemed to have accepted the Terms and Conditions of the agreement. In the event any Term or Condition of the agreement is prohibited by the law of a jurisdiction covering a rental, that Term is in that jurisdiction, ineffective only to the extent of that prohibition. You may terminate your enrollment in the Membership Program at any time by ________________.
Changes in the Master Rental Agreement must be in writing and signed by an authorized officer of AVR. You further agree that AVR has the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time either upon written notice to you, in paper or electronic form, or upon our posting such changes on the Airport Van Rental web site. Such changes will apply to rentals that you reserve after such notice has been given, as indicated by the date of such notice, if sent in written form, or the date such changes are posted on the Airport Van Rental web site, which date will be indicated therein, without any requirement by you to sign the changed Terms and Conditions. Changes to the Terms and Conditions will be posted as they occur on the Airport Van Rental web site at Airportvanrental.com and will govern all rentals even if the terms are different than at the time of your enrollment in the Membership Program. We may, in our sole discretion, terminate the Membership Program or your participation in the Membership Program at any time by written notice to you.
You agree to provide AVR with true, current and accurate information in your Membership Program online account ("Profile"), including your name, address, telephone number, email address, driver’s license and credit card information. You agree to promptly update your Profile or otherwise notify AVR if any of the information contained in your Profile has changed. If you update your email address on your Profile at any time through a rental transaction, you agree that AVR may rely on the updated email address for future communications under the Membership Program. If your Card or any credit card listed in your Profile (a) is lost, stolen or invalidated, (b) you suspect it is being used without your permission, or (c) expires, you will promptly notify AVR. You agree that it is your responsibility to notify AVR of any such changes and AVR is entitled to rely upon any and all information provided by you and contained in your Profile as being current and accurate. You shall indemnify and hold AVR harmless in respect of any loss, liability or expense arising out of any failure to notify AVR of any such change or which results from nondisclosure by you of any change in any of the information previously provided by you to AVR.
You understand that the information contained in your Profile will be part of any rental agreement you conclude as a Program Member with AVR's affiliates or licensees. AVR may update your Profile as necessary to correct contract ID numbers. You may change your designated preferences, as well as your acceptance or declination of optional services, products and benefits at any time for the next or your future rentals, by updating the information contained in your Profile. A lot attendant will also be present when you take possession of the vehicle. You may also change your preferences and/or your acceptance or declination of optional services, products and benefits, via the terms of a written rental agreement prepared by the lot attendant and signed by you.
This Master Rental Agreement and any notices or other communications regarding your Profile, rentals, and/or your use of the Membership Program, may be provided to you electronically. You agree to receive communications in an electronic form. Electronic Communications may be delivered to the last email address in your Profile. All Communications in either electronic or paper format will be considered to be in "writing". You expressly agree that any notice due under this Agreement may be given in email form to the email address provided by you and contained in your Profile.
AVR may change the locations where Membership Program rentals are available. When renting a vehicle from a location not offering Membership Program rentals, you acknowledge that you will be required to follow standard AVR rental procedures.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following Terms and Conditions form part of the Master Rental Agreement You agree to the terms below, provided any such term is not prohibited by the law of a jurisdiction covering this rental, in which case such law controls. For all of the provisions herein, the term “Renter” shall include any and all additional and authorized drivers. The “Company” is Airport Van Rental.
1. AUTHORIZED DRIVERS: Renter represents that he or she is a capable and validly licensed driver, whose license has been validly issued, is in good standing and remains in good standing as a condition precedent to each rental. In addition to the named Renter, and except where otherwise specifically authorized by applicable law, the Vehicle may be driven only: (a) with the permission of the Company; (b) by an additional driver who is named on the rental agreement or who is the spouse of the named Renter; (c) who has signed this rental agreement; (d) who is at least 21 years of age; and (e) who holds a valid driver’s license. ALL OTHER DRIVERS ARE UNAUTHORIZED AND ARE PROHIBITED FROM OPERATING THE VEHICLE.
2. VEHICLE: The word "vehicle" means the vehicle rented to you or its replacement and includes tires, rims, tools, equipment, accessories, keys and vehicle documents does not belong to the Renter but is delivered to Renter for rental purposes only and in good operating condition. Renter agrees to inspect the Vehicle before leaving Company premises to insure the Vehicle is in good condition with no apparent defects. Renter must notify Company immediately concerning any problem or defects in the Vehicle. Renter will not operate the vehicle if it is damaged or in in need of repair and Renter will be responsible for all damage to the Vehicle resulting from such use. THERE IS NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF ANY VEHICLE COVERED BY THIS AGREEMENT.
3. VEHICLE RETURN: Renter agrees to return the vehicle to us in the same condition you received it, ordinary wear and tear excepted, on the date, at the time, and to the location specified in the rental document. Renter must return it sooner on our demand. If it (a) is not returned on the date and at the location which it is due back; (b) is illegally parked; (c) is used in violation of the law or of this Agreement; (d) is or appears to be abandoned, or (e) if Renter gives false or misleading information at the time of rental, Company shall have the right to repossess the Vehicle at any time, without notice to the Renter. All charges for the repossession will be Renter’s responsibility. If Renter returns it earlier or later, a different or higher rate may apply and, if returned later, Renter may also be charged a late return fee. Renter may not return the vehicle outside of the return location’s operating hours. If you do, your responsibility for damage to or loss of the vehicle will continue and all charges stated on the rental document as a periodic rate will continue to accrue until the return location reopens and we retake actual possession of the vehicle. Operating hours vary by location. If we do not find the vehicle when that location opens, your responsibility for all charges and for damage to or loss of the car will continue until the vehicle is actually returned or recovered. If you wish to extend any rental you must contact us to request it before your return date. We may or may not grant an extension or decline to grant it for the entire period you request, in our sole discretion. If we do grant an extension a different or higher rate may be applied to the extension period and a service fee may also apply.
4. RENTAL CHARGES: CREDIT CARD: Renter will pay on demand the rental rate, taxes, and other charges shown on the “charges” section of this Agreement and for all other items for which Renter is responsible. Renter will pay interest at the highest rate permitted by the law on any past due charges and will also pay any collection costs, including reasonable attorney’s fee and all court costs. Renter authorizes Company to charge Renter’s credit card and to use any rental deposits for the pre-calculated charges, and upon return of the Vehicle for any fines, fuel charges, or other fees and expenses for which Renter is responsible under this Agreement.
5. RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE: If the Renter does not accept and pay for the Collision Damage Waiver, and or accepts and pays for the Collision Damage Waiver but is in violation of the provisions of paragraph 12, Renter is liable for all damage to or loss of the vehicle based on repair costs or estimated repair costs, and at Company’s option, diminished value of the rental vehicle as determined by Company, plus towing, impound fees, loss of use (regardless of fleet utilization) and administrative charges, regardless of whom is at fault for causing the damage or loss. Any limitation of Renter’s responsibility must be specifically set forth within this Agreement or as provided by law. If Company elects not to repair the Vehicle because the damages are severe, Renter will pay Company retail value of the Vehicle before it was damaged, plus administrative charges and the cost of collection, including attorney’s fees, less any amount Company receives for selling the vehicle. Renter will be responsible for unauthorized repairs; Company will not reimburse Renter for authorized repair without receipts. Renter also agrees to pay for the reasonable cost to clean Vehicle returned excessively dirty. In Illinois, if the car is damaged, you will pay our estimated repair cost up to the amount specified by law. If the car is stolen and not recovered you will pay the car’s fair market value before it was stolen. If the law of a jurisdiction covering this rental requires conditions on Loss Damage Waiver that are different than the terms of this Agreement, such as if your liability for ordinary negligence is limited by such law, that law prevails. You understand that you are not authorized to repair or have the car repaired without our express prior written consent. If you repair or have the car repaired without our consent, you will pay the estimated cost to restore the car to the condition it was in prior to your rental. If we authorize you to have the car repaired, we will reimburse you for those repairs only if you give us the repair receipt.
6. COLLISION DAMAGE WAIVER (CDW): Collision Damage Waiver (“CDW”) is not insurance and not mandatory. Your own insurance, or the issuer of the credit card you use to pay for the vehicle rental transaction, may cover all or part of your financial responsibility for the rented vehicle. You should check with your insurance company, or credit card issuer, to find out about your coverage and the amount of the deductible, if any, for which you may be liable. If you accept CDW by your initials on the rental document at the additional daily rate, pay the charges for each full or partial day that the vehicle is rented to you, and the vehicle is operated in accordance with the Agreement, we assume responsibility for the loss of or damage to the vehicle except, if permitted by law, for lost, damaged or stolen keys or remote entry devices, towing or tire services, unless related to an accident, or recovery of the car if stolen, damage caused by the use of snow chains, overhead damage ,and except for your amount of "responsibility", if any, specified on the rental document. Deductible Damage Waiver (“DDW”) is only available to Renters who carry an existing auto policy and who have declined CDW. If accepted we will waive your financial responsibility for damages to the rental vehicle up to the amount of your applicable primary insurance deductible. If Renter accepts and pays for the Collision Damage Waiver or Deductible Damage Waiver, but is in violation of the provisions of paragraph 12, the CDW or DDW will be void and Renter will owe for all loss or damage to the vehicle. Renter also acknowledges reading the notice on loss damage shown on the rental document, or in these Terms and Conditions, or in a separate notice form.
7. CITATIONS/VIOLATIONS: Renter is responsible for all traffic citations/violations incurred during the term of the rental. Renter also agrees to pay administrative fees of $55.00 per violation, and Renter authorizes payment by credit card pursuant to Paragraph 4 of this agreement.
8. TOLLS SERVICE: If you do not pay cash for tolls or the roadway does not accept cash payment you automatically opt into our tolls service, pursuant to which you agree to pay us or our toll program administrator, with whom we will share your credit card/debit information for all tolls incurred during your rental and all related fees, charges and penalties. Under the toll program, once you pass through an electronic toll you will pay a convenience fee of $4.95 for each day of the entire rental period, including any days on which toll service is not used, up to a maximum of $24.75 per rental month plus incurred tolls a maximum prevailing rates, posted by the toll authority. You can avoid the convenience fee any other charges by paying the toll in cash, using your electronic toll device, or avoiding any cashless toll road or passage. The charges may take 4-8 weeks after the rental to be bill to your credit/debit card on file.
9. THEFT OF VEHICLE; REPORTING OF DAMAGES: Renter is responsible for all loss due to the theft of the vehicle and all damage due to vandalism that occurs in connection with a theft, if Renter fails to exercise ordinary care while in possession of the Vehicle. Failing to safe-guard the keys to the Vehicle or allowing a person who is not an Authorized driver to use the Vehicle is not an exercise of ordinary care, but a willful and reckless act and a breach of this agreement. Renter must report all accidents involving the Vehicle, or theft of the Vehicle, or vandalism to the Company within 24 hours of occurrence, and to the police as soon as Renter discovers them. Renter must complete an incident/accident report form for any new damage to the Vehicle upon its return. Company shall retain the rental deposit until the incident/accident report form is completed and signed.
10. LIABILITY FOR DAMAGE OR INJURY TO OTHERS; INDEMNIFICATION: Renter is primarily responsible for all damage and loss caused to third parties by the operation of the Vehicle. Renter agrees to provide automobile liability comprehensive and collision insurance which covers Renter, the Company and the rented vehicle, with at least the minimum liability and property damage coverages required by California law. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Renter agrees to indemnify and hold Company, it’s agents, employees and affiliates, harmless from any and all claims, losses, expenses and damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, for injury or damage to persons or property of any kind or nature whatsoever (including death resulting from such injury), caused by, resulting from, arising out of, or occurring in connection with the rental of the vehicle pursuant to this Agreement.
11. REJECTION OF UNINSURED/UNDERINSURED MOTORIST PROTECTION: No insurance coverages are provided to Renter by this agreement unless separately purchased at the time of rental. Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist protection (“UM/UIM”) protects the driver and passengers of a vehicle for losses and damage sustained if injury is caused by the negligence of a driver who either does not have any, or has inadequate, insurance to pay for losses and damages. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROVIDED IN ANY OPTIONAL INSURANCE PRODUCT THAT YOU SELECT AND PAY COMPANY FOR, YOU REJECT UM/UIM COVERAGE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT AND ANY POLICY OF INSURANCE OR SELF-INSURANCE ISSUED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, FOR YOURSELF AND ALL OTHER PASSENGERS IN THE VEHICLE
12. USE RESTRICTIONS: Renter will operate the Vehicle in a safe and prudent manner. Vehicle will not be used by anyone (a) who is not an authorized in the rental agreement and a licensed driver, and; (b) who obtains the Vehicle with fraudulent, misleading, or false information, (c) using the Vehicle for commercial hire or to push or tow anything; (d) while used in connection with conduct that could be properly charged as a felony; (e) while involved in a speed test or contest or in driver training activity;(f) in a willful, intentional, wanton, or reckless manner; (g) operating the vehicle on an unpaved road if the damage or loss is a direct result of the road or driving conditions; (h) operating the vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol (i) operates the Vehicle outside of the United States (j) who operates the vehicle when further use of the Vehicle would cause it damage (such as warning light, flat tire, steam rising from engine, unusual noise). Snow chains are prohibited unless a) required by order of law enforcement agencies or park rangers; b) or necessary to drive safely through areas where snow, ice, slush or mud creates dangerous driving conditions. Snow chains must be of the proper size and specification for the vehicle and must be properly affixed. Renter is responsible for all damages resulting from the use of snow chains. Renter is prohibited from removing or disabling any electronic devices on the vehicle, and shall be charged a $50.00 fee plus actual damages if an electronic device is disabled or removed during the rental.
13. RENTER LIABILITY PROTECTION (RLP): RLP is not mandatory. If you accept RLP by your initials on the rental document at the additional daily rate, and you pay the charges for each full or partial day that the vehicle is rented to you then you or another person driving the car who is an authorized driver as defined in paragraph 1 will be protected against liability for causing bodily injury or death to others or damaging the property of someone other than the authorized driver and/or the renter up to the minimum financial responsibility limits required by the law of the jurisdiction in which the accident occurs. You agree that we can provide coverage under a certificate of self-insurance or an insurance policy, or both, as we choose. In any case, a copy of the policy and/or certificate will be available for your inspection at our main office. You understand that unless required by applicable law, we will not provide (a) coverage for fines, penalties, punitive or exemplary damages; (b) coverage for bodily injury to you, or your death while not a driver, or any member of your family or the driver’s family related by blood, marriage or adoption residing with you or them; or the drivers family, or to a fellow employee arising out of or in the course of employment; (c) defense against any claim, unless we are required to provide primary protection but in such event not after the applicable limits of protection that we furnish are tendered. RLP is not available for rentals originating in Oregon.
14. SUPPLEMENTAL LIABILITY INSURANCE (SLI) & EXCLUSTIONS: If you elect to purchase SLI, coverage will be provided to you and any authorized driver under an excess automobile policy. SLI provides supplemental liability protection for third party automobile claims. Coverage begins at the greater of: 1) your personal auto insurance or 2) the state minimum financial responsible limits and provides supplemental coverage from that amount up to $1,000,000. SLP is supplemental and does not provide basic primary coverage. This coverage is provided under a policy of excess liability insurance more fully described in the available brochure and is subject to all of the conditions and limitations described in paragraph 12 above, except that notwithstanding anything contained in the Agreement, the terms of the policy will at all times control. SLI does not apply to liability for bodily injury or property damage arising out of any "prohibited use of the car" as described in paragraph 15 of the Agreement, all of which are exclusions to SLI. Other exclusions to SLI are listed in the SLI policy. You understand that you will be charged the rate per day for a full day even if you don’t have the car for the entire day.
15. ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE (RSA): Roadside assistance is not insurance and is not mandatory. is available to all renters. If you accept RSA by your initials on the rental document at the additional daily rate, for each full or partial day that the vehicle is rented to you and the vehicle is operated in accordance with the Agreement, it will cover your expenses for the following: Dead battery, ignition keys locked in the vehicle, running out of gas, flat tire, or mechanical failure. It does not cover the replacement costs of lost keys, or expenses resulting from violation of the use restrictions listed in paragraph 12.
16. PERSONAL ACCIDENT AND PERSONAL EFFECTS COVERAGES (PAI/PEC): PAI/PEC is not mandatory and is available to all renters. If you accept PAI/PEC by your initials on the rental document at the additional daily rate, for each full or partial day that the vehicle is rented to you and the vehicle is operated in accordance with the Agreement, it will cover your expenses for the following: Accidental death to renter - $250,000; Accidental death to passenger-$100,000; Accidental medical expenses and ambulance fees - maximum of $2,500; Personal effects coverage – maximum of $750 total.
17. RENTER RESPONSIBLE FOR PROPERTY: Renter is solely responsible for any property left or stored in the Vehicle, shuttle bus, or anywhere at the renting location, no matter who received, stored or handled the property.
18. MISCELLANEOUS: Renter will pay all costs incurred by Company and will defend and indemnify Company from all claims, demands and lawsuits resulting from (a) operation of the Vehicle; (b) any action by Company to secure the return of the Vehicle or otherwise enforce the terms of the Agreement;(c) any action against the Company resulting from a breach of this Agreement; and (d) the issuance of a warrant for the arrest of Renter or any person operating the Vehicle. This contract shall be construed and governed by the laws of the State of California.
19. ARBITRATION: Any dispute, claim, or controversy brought by the Renter arising out of the rental or this agreement or breach thereof shall be resolved by arbitration, administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Arbitration Rules. Arbitration will be conducted in the City of Los Angeles, CA in accordance with the US Arbitration Act. There shall be three arbitrators, named in accordance with such rules. The award of arbitrators shall be binding accompanied by a statement of the reasons upon which the award is based.
What vehicle can fit 12 passengers? ›
The GMC Savana Passenger is a 12-seater vehicle that comes in 2 trim levels. The most popular style is the LT 2500 SWB, which starts at $46,195 and comes with a 4.3L V6 engine and Rear Wheel Drive.Are 12 and 15 passenger vans the same size? ›
The two most common passenger van sizes you'll encounter are the 15 passenger van and the 12 passenger van. The only difference between these two types of vans is the number of seats and how those seats are configured. Both “size” vans are built on the exact same chassis. They are the same length and the same vehicle.Can a van fit 12 people? ›
A 12-seat van is the ultimate way to get around with a group of 8-12 people. You'll have plenty of room to spread out and store everyone's luggage and souvenirs.
Rent a passenger van in California for large groups and cargo, whether it's to beach-hop along the coast or visit iconic national parks. The SIXT branches in California offer both 12-seater and 15-seater vans from auto manufacturers like Chevrolet and Toyota with ample legroom and space for luggage.Is there such thing as a 10 passenger van? ›
The prices of new 10-passenger vans in 2022 range from $37,200 for the Chevrolet Express to $45,300 for the Mercedes Sprinter.How many suitcases fit in a 12-passenger van? ›
12-PASSENGER SPRINTER VAN: 24 Carry-On Luggage, or. 18 Small Checked Luggage, or. 15 Medium Checked Luggage, or.Can I drive a 12-passenger van with a regular license in Florida? ›
Do I need a special license to drive a mini-van? No, all the vehicles offered on our site can be driven with a standard full driving license, including the 12 and 15 seaters.Do you need a special license to drive a 12-passenger van in New York? ›
You must have a commercial driver license (CDL) with the passenger “P” endorsement if you plan to drive a vehicle: . with a gross vehicle weight or gross vehicle weight rating of more than 26,000 pounds which is designed to transport passengers in commerce.What is the gas mileage for a 12 passenger van? ›
If you fail to choose a vehicle that gives good mileage, your vacation travel costs will increase significantly. A 12 passenger van gives a mileage of 23 MPG (miles per gallon). If you choose a 12 passenger van, you should anticipate spending around $100 on fuel for a vacation journey of 500 miles.How much space does a 12 passenger Ford Transit van have? ›
Three rows of comfortable, more individualized seating with headrests. Cargo hold with 70 cubic feet of space. 19 MPG Highway*
Why do 15-passenger vans roll over? ›
Fatal rollovers of 15-passenger vans are most likely to involve tire failure, since excessively worn or improperly inflated tires can lead to loss of vehicle control and ultimately a rollover. A NHTSA study found that 74 percent of all 15-passenger vans had improperly inflated tires.Do you need a CDL to drive a 12 passenger van in Texas? ›
A Class-B commercial driver's license is needed to operate a single vehicle with a GVWR of 26,001 pounds or greater and/or that vehicle towing another weighing up to 10,001 pounds. This includes vehicles designed to carry 24 or more passengers, including the driver.Can I drive a 15 passenger van with a regular license in Texas? ›
a. Experienced Drivers – Only drivers who have experience driving 15-passenger vans on a regular basis should drive such vans for Texas State. Per the recommendation of the NHTSA, it is recommended that drivers have commercial driver's licenses with a passenger endorsement.Can I drive a 15 passenger van with a regular license in Florida? ›
Class E Driver's License
These include: Automobiles. Trucks. Vans that carry up to 15 people (including the driver)
AVAILABLE CONFIGURABLE INTERIOR
Configure your 2023 Savana Passenger Van to create space up to 15 passengers and cargo.
2023 TRANSIT PASSENGER VAN XLT.Does Ford still make a 15 passenger van? ›
Ford Transit Passenger Van models. The 2023 Ford Transit Passenger Van is a full-size van available in a range of configurations and with up to 15-passenger seating.Can I drive a 15 seater minibus on a car Licence? ›
There are special licensing arrangements allowing you to drive minibuses and buses without holding the higher Passenger Carrying Vehicle (PCV) driving licence entitlement. Drivers of minibuses having nine to 16 passenger seats will need to hold a PCV licence category D1 or a category D licence to drive larger buses.Is there an 11 passenger minivan? ›
Gallery: 2021 Kia Sedona / Carnival
This highly adaptive minivan accommodates an assortment of seating arrangements that range from reclining bucket seats to practical seating for up to eleven.
The main difference between the 12 and 15 passenger is the vehicle chassis. The 12 passenger van, is on a shorter chassis, then the 15 passenger model. This is important to remember for things like turning radius of these vans. It also has an effect on how much luggage one can haul in a passenger van.
How many gallons does it take to fill up a 12-passenger van? ›
How big is the gas tank on a Ford Transit 12-Passenger Van? The 148-inch “Long Length” Ford Transit 12-Passenger Van comes standard with seating for up to 12 passengers and a gas tank that holds 25.1 gallons.Can you add seats to a 12-passenger Transit van? ›
You can add seats to your Ford Transit cargo van. In fact, Ford has a network of approved upfitting shops that can add seats to your Transit. You can also work with an upfitter, not within Ford's network, to customize your Transit cargo van's seating exactly the way you want it.How tall is a 12 person passenger van? ›
Note: At 8'5″ (2.57 m), this Ford 12-passenger van should never be driven through parking garages or drive through windows.What's the biggest van you can drive on a car license? ›
What size vans can I drive? With a regular driving license, you can drive any van that weighs no more than 3,500kg. Examples of this include: Ford Transit.What is the largest van you can drive on a normal licence? ›
If you have the C1 designation on your licence, you're allowed to drive vehicles heavier than 3,500kg and up to 7, 500kg, with a trailer up to 750kg. As mentioned above, this is standard on older licences but not on more recent ones.
The standard driving licence issued to a driver passing their test in 2022 covers categories B, B1 and BE, which enables you to drive a motorhome up to 3,500kg. Most new motorhomes in the modern day are built with a Maximum Allowable Mass (MAM) of 3,500kg to ensure they can be driven by all drivers.Can you drive a van on a normal car Licence? ›
If you have a full driving licence you can drive any van up to 3.5 tonnes. If you want to drive anything bigger such as 7.5 tonnes vans, you may need to take an extra test if you passed your driving test after 1 January 1997.Can you drive a Transit van on a normal license? ›
A standard driving licence will display a category 'B' classification, which allows you to operate the majority of basic vans like the Ford Transit. When driving a van on a category 'B' licence, it's important to recognise the vehicles Maximum Authorised Mass (MAM).Can you drive a minibus with a regular license? ›
However, you can drive a minibus with a full category B (entitlement to drive a regular car) within the UK up to 16 passenger seats as long as the following conditions apply: you're 21 or older. you've had your driving licence for at least 2 years.What is the cost per mile for a van? ›
Beginning on January 1, 2020, the standard mileage rate for the business use of a car (van, pickup, or panel truck) is 57.5 cents per mile. This rate is lower than the 58 cents per mile in 2019 but still higher than 54.5 cents rate for 2018.
How much does it cost to fill up a 15 passenger van? ›
Generally speaking, this isn't great, but you can leverage this Passenger Van's unique design to optimize fuel costs. Share costs: At $4.00 a gallon, it will cost you $100 to fill up the 25-gallon tank—ask your passengers to help chip in!What is the mpg for a 2022 Ford Transit 12 passenger van? ›
*EPA-estimated rating of 24 city/27 hwy/25 combined mpg, 2.0L engine. Actual mileage will vary.Is a Ford Transit bigger than a Sprinter? ›
The MODE LT on the Ford Transit comes in a little bit longer, wider and taller than the Sprinters. It's manufactured on a 148” wheelbase. There's an extra two inches of headspace – the interior height of the LT is 6'5”. It's also two inches wider at the bed, with a total of 80” at its longest point.Which is bigger Ford Transit or RAM promaster? ›
Transit have the Largest Interior Height
The interior height of high roof Ford Transit vans is about 81 inches tall while the interior height of high roof Promaster vans is about 76 inches tall.
There are tons of reasons that make a Ford Transit a great choice for van life: Ford has a great reputation for its vehicles offering a reliable platform to build on. The price point is lower than a Sprinter, starting at $35,000 for the 2022 Ford Transit van.How long is a 15-passenger Chevy Express van? ›
Commercial driver licenses are required for drivers – paid or volunteer – who operate vehicles in North Carolina that are designed or used to transport passengers or property.What happens if you put too much weight in a van? ›
Extra weight leads to heavier fuel consumption, increasing a vehicle's running costs. More wear and tear on the engine, and a shorter vehicle life-span. Extra strain on the suspension, tyres, brakes and engine increase a vehicle's maintenance costs. Costs can arise from having to repair a vehicle following an accident.Do you need a special license to drive a 15 passenger van in Wisconsin? ›
Must have a minimum of five (5) years licensed driving experience. (Alternatively, a driver who is at least 21 years of age with a Class B or C CDL [Commercial Driver License] endorsed for passengers may drive 12/15 passenger vans only within the State of Wisconsin.), 3.What is the new CDL law in Texas? ›
Anyone receiving an entry-level CDL will be required to obtain a higher level of training. TEXAS, USA — After Monday Feb. 7, The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) is requiring applicants for a commercial driver license (CDL) or certain endorsements complete the Entry Level Driver Training (ELDT) requirements.
How many pounds can you haul without a CDL in Texas? ›
A passenger car or another motor vehicle that has an unloaded weight of less than 2,500 pounds may not be coupled with more than one other vehicle or towing device at one time.
Guidance: Yes. Any driver of a bus that is designed to transport 16 or more persons, or that has a GVWR of 26,001 pounds or more, is required to obtain a CDL in the applicable class with a passenger endorsement.How many passengers are allowed in a van? ›
Also, that means vans with multiple rows of forward-facing seats will have two passengers per row. A van with 4 rows of seats can have 8 passengers, vans with 5 rows of forward-facing seats can have a maximum of 10, so on and so forth.Can I drive a 12 passenger van in Florida? ›
Yes, you can drive a passenger van with a normal driver's license.Can I drive a 12 seater minibus in Florida? ›
Do I need a special license to drive a mini-van? No, all the vehicles offered on our site can be driven with a standard full driving license, including the 12 and 15 seaters.Can you drive with a passenger 16 Florida? ›
With your Operator's License, you may:
16 years old - only drive between 6 a.m. and 11 p.m., unless accompanied by a licensed driver who is at least 21 years old and occupies the front passenger seat, or you are traveling to or from work.
The 2022 Kia Carnival can have 11 seats
The variant of the Carnival with 11 seats is called the Grand Carnival.
Passenger vehicle drivers must have a CDL with a “P” endorsement if they drive a vehicle designed to transport more than 10 persons, including the driver.Is Carnival 11 seater? ›
Kia Carnival 2024 is a 7 seater muv. The Kia Carnival 2024 is expected to launch in India in April 2024. The Kia Carnival 2024 will rival MU-X, Meridian and Atto 3. Expect prices to start from 40.00 Lakh.What is the price of Carnival 11 seater? ›
The price of Kia Carnival starts at Rs. 30.99 Lakh and goes upto Rs. 35.49 Lakh.
How much is the 11 seater Kia Carnival? ›
2023 Kia Carnival LX Seat Package Van Passenger Van$36,435
Q: Which are the best 9 seater cars in India? The price for the best 9 seater cars in India is: Mahindra Scorpio Classic price is ₹ 12.84 Lakh.What is the price of Toyota 9 seater car? ›
Toyota HiAce Expected Price 35.00 Lakh, Launch Date, Bookings in India.What car can hold 9 passengers? ›
Built for those with the largest families or those with the most friends, no vehicle on the road seats 9 people, and all their stuff, as comfortably and effortlessly as the Extended 9 Passenger Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana by Explorer.What are the big vans called? ›
|RAM ProMaster||Starting at $29,995||118" to 159"|
|RAM ProMaster City||Starting at $24,380||122.4"|
|Chevrolet Express||Starting at $32,000||135" to 155"|
|Nissan NV200||Starting at $23,925||115.2"|
1. Skoda Superb Estate. Catering equally well for passengers and luggage alike, this is the undisputed estate car king of space and practicality.Can you drive a 12 seater on a normal licence? ›
Anyone with a normal licence can drive a minibus with up to 12 seats. For people who passed their test and got their driving licence before 1 January 1997, you are likely to have a Category D1 licence. This allows you to drive a minibus with up to 16 passenger seats - but not for hire or reward.Can I drive a 14 seater minibus on a car licence? ›
Vehicles you can drive if you have a full category B (car) driving licence: a passenger carrying vehicle manufactured more than 30 years before the date it is driven and not used for hire or reward or for the carriage of more than eight passengers. a minibus with up to 16 passenger seats.